Qualified British Sign Language Interpreter
|£28,000-£31,500 pro-rata, per annum depending on experience.
|Full time or Part-time (To be discussed)
|Until vacancy is filled
THIS VACANCY IS ELIGIBLE FOR A £1,000 JOINING BONUS
Closing date: Until vacancy is filled
Interview date: TBC
We are recruiting for qualified British Sign Language Interpreters to join our sizable Communications team in Birmingham. Working as part of a team of Interpreters, you will be delivering high quality British Sign Language Interpreting services to clients in the West Midlands area.
As part of the role you will:
- Have a Registered Sign Language Interpreter qualification, degree or diploma in interpreting
- Be registered with NRCPD
- Be able to work remotely and travel to face to face appointments
- Hold a valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for business use
- Ideally have experience of working in mental health settings
We guarantee to offer a supportive friendly team environment, further professional training and development, mentoring and coaching from experienced senior interpreters.
We offer a competence based fast-track progression scheme with 6-monthly increments to bring your basic remuneration package up to £31,500 per annum. We keep our salaries under review to ensure that we remain competitive.
As part of the British Sign Language Interpreter role, you will:
- Interpret in a range of domains as required by BID Services including health, social services, education, employment, ATW and Mental Health.
- Interpret between BSL and written/spoken English for external clients and internal staff members.
- Work in a range of community interpreting settings online and face to face
To succeed you will have strong communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with colleagues in the communications team and be able to work with ease with deaf clients to embed yourself as one of our credible sign language interpreters.
This is a blended role where your time will be split working remotely from home, and attending the office/external appointments, the split will vary from week to week. If you are excited by this role but feel you may need a little more help balancing your work and home life please feel free to explore the flexibility you may need with us at the application or interview stage.
To apply for this role submit your CV to email@example.com or if would like an informal chat please contact Frankie.Sheppard@bid.org.uk
To apply for this role, you can email your CV to us with a supporting statement.