Milton Keynes Services
Our service in Milton Keynes, known locally as the Sensory Advice Resource Centre (SARC) supports adults and children with a sensory loss living in Milton Keynes. Services are delivered from our office at Gloucester House, in community venues, in your home or remotely.
Information and Advice
If you are Deaf, hard of hearing, have a visual impairment or dual sensory loss, we are able to provide information, advice and guidance.
We can provide specialist assessments of need to help people with a sensory loss to access rehabilitation, orientation and mobility training.
Support for British Sign Language (BSL) users
We support to people whose first language is BSL to access:
- Information and advice and signposting to other services
- Translation of letters and bills
- Help to book an interpreter for appointments with GP or hospital
Hearing Aid Support
If you live in Milton Keynes or are registered with a local Milton Keynes GP, we can provide support with your hearing aid including:
- Tubing, ear mould cleaning and battery replacement
- Individual training sessions for you or your carer on how to maintain and retube your hearing aid
- Advice on making the most of your hearing aids.
Equipment Demonstration – Resource Centre
Our Resource Centre is ideally located in central Milton Keynes and contains a range of equipment, which is available for demonstration. Types of equipment available include: amplified telephones, TV loop system, electronic magnifiers, lighting and alerting systems for people with a sensory loss.
We are able to issue free of charge equipment. Eligibility criteria include, but are not limited to:
- People living along with a sensory loss
- People with a sensory loss who are in a caring/parental role
- People at significant risk of harm within their own home
If you don’t meet our eligibility requirements, you are welcome to visit our Resource Centre where you can try out equipment and get information on where it can be purchased.
Eye Clinic Liaison Service
Our Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) is based within the Eye Clinic at Milton Keynes University Hospital on Wednesday and Friday mornings. If you would like to speak to the ECLO outside of these times, please contact the Resource Centre.
You can find out more by visiting our website at www.sarc-bid.org.uk
Some of our wonderful staff
Want to volunteer with us?
Our volunteers are invaluable and make a huge difference to our work. Whatever your skills, experience and interests, we probably have a volunteering opportunity that will suit you.