Sensory Impairment Officer (Deafblind)
|£22,471 per annum pro-rata
|Part-time, 30 hours per week
|Flexible closing date
THIS VACANCY IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE REFER A FRIEND SCHEME
Closing date: Flexible
Interview date: TBC
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team based at Lincolnshire Sensory Service. You will be employed as a Sensory Impairment Officer to support Deafblind children and adults, to take on a case load to work with local service users. With your highly trained skills and knowledge you will be delivering support to children and adults with a sensory loss to achieve independence and a fulfilled life.
As part of the role you will:
- Have knowledge of undertaking comprehensive assessments to identify the options available to meet their needs and outcomes.
- Manage own case load and undertaking case recording.
- Provide professional/appropriate advice and assistance to the service users and have knowledge of resources available.
To be successful for this post:
- Experience in working with people with a sensory impairment.
- Experience in delivering Information, Advice and Guidance and providing equipment for Sensory needs.
- Excellent team working skills.
- British Sign Language Level 1/2 or working towards or native signer.
To apply for this role, you can email your CV to us with a supporting statement, apply online or complete our application form and email this to us. If you are Deaf, we welcome applications in BSL. Find out more here.