Rehabilitation Officer – Visual Impairment: Vision Rehabilitation Specialist
|£32,000 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) depending on qualification.
|Part-time, 22.5 hours per week
|Flexible closing date
This vacancy is eligible for a joining bonus of £1,000.
Closing date: Flexible
Interview date: TBC
We are seeking qualified Rehabilitation Officers to work with visually impaired adults in our Northumberland Service.
As part of the role you will:
- Meet and support service users by undertaking comprehensive assessments to identify the options available to meet their needs
- Manage own case load
- Undertake case recording
- Develop person centered support plans linked to outcomes
- Provide professional/appropriate advice and assistance to the service users and when required signpost them to other services
To be successful for this post:
- Have experience of working with visually impaired people
- Be able to undertake needs led assessments, rehabilitation,
- Able to manage a comprehensive case load
- Be able to use the internal database.
It is essential that you have a Diploma in Rehabilitation studies.
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for people with a visual impairment and hold a full driving license* with access to a vehicle, then we would like to hear from you (*reasonable adjustments are in place for people with a disability).
To apply for this role, you can email your CV to us with a supporting statement, apply online or complete our application form and email this to us. If you are Deaf, we welcome applications in BSL. Find out more here.