Hearing Aid Clinic Volunteer – Whitehaven
Location: United Reformed Church, Whitehaven, Cumbria
Service: Cumbria Deaf and Hearing Loss Service
Time commitment: To be available to volunteer on the 3rd Friday of every month between 10am-12pm.
Would you like to support our hearing aid clinic in Whitehaven?
What will I be doing?
Providing hearing aid maintenance by re-tubing hearing aids, replacing batteries and providing basic hearing aid advice. Also, speaking with members of the community who visit the clinic and promoting our service.
What availability and time commitment is required?
To be available to volunteer on the 3rd Friday of every month between 10am-12pm.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Understanding of Deafness and hearing loss.
- Good communication skills, particularly communicating with people who have a hearing loss. BSL skills are useful, however not essential.
- Willingness to learn about hearing aid re-tubing and maintenance, if not already familiar.
- Friendly and welcoming to members of the public attending the hearing aid clinic.
What support and training will I receive?
- Full training related to hearing aid re-tubing and maintenance.
- Experience of supporting people with a sensory loss.
- Learning new skills to develop your career path.
- Experience of volunteering with a sensory loss charity.
We will provide a local induction and initial training before you begin your volunteer role. During your induction you will be provided information about our organisation and given access to our policies and procedures. Our volunteer handbook is available with all the information relevant to volunteering within our organisation.
We provide regular support for all volunteers including having a nominated staff member. The nominated staff member will supervise your volunteering and regularly have catch ups with you about your volunteering. You will also receive ongoing training and development whilst volunteering with us.
We aim to reimburse volunteer expenses, including travel expenses whilst volunteering with us.
To apply for this role, please download the application form below and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more, please drop us an email or call 0121 246 6100.