Services — Personalisation
In 2007 the Government published a document called Putting People First which highlighted new ways to improve social care for individuals. The Government’s vision is for individuals to have greater choice and control in their life, and to live as independently as possible. BID has been busy making sure that we are able to meet individual’s needs in line with the personalisation agenda.
Having greater choice and control of your money and support means you can think of different ways to meet your specific needs, for example, attending training, finding employment support, obtaining support within the home for cooking, gardening, cleaning and shopping, etc.
BID promise to ensure you have full involvement in assessment and decision making. We will enable you to exercise full choice and control to achieve your goals and aspirations
BID Services can help you receive the type of support you want and can ensure you have full involvement in assessment and decision-making. Here are some examples of the type of support we can help you with:
• Individual contract with clear guidelines
• Clear payment systems and accessible invoices
• Advice and guidance e.g. hiring a personal assistant
• Creating & regularly reviewing your support plan
• Bathing, dressing, personal care
• Attending medical appointments and taking medication
• Cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening
• Accessing leisure activities such as clubs, groups, workshops, sport, holidays
• Support with money management, benefit claims, budgeting
• Communication support, befriending
If you would like further information or advice, please contact us to discuss your individual needs.